ATHENS STATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
STUDY ROOMS POLICY
The Athens State University Library has two group study rooms available on a firstcome, firstserved basis. Current Athens State students and employees may reserve the room by speaking with Circulation Desk employees, or the rooms may be reserved by completing the online-form at http://athens.libcal.com/booking/room_reservations. Each room accommodates one to six people and is equipped with a white board, chairs and a table. Study rooms are available free of charge.
· Only Athens State University students, faculty, and staff may use the rooms.
· Group reservations have priority over individual registration.
· Study rooms are only open during scheduled Library hours of operation.
· Group study rooms will close 15 minutes prior to building closure.
· Identification is required for use of the rooms.
· Library personnel will lock and unlock the study room.
· Reservations will be canceled if users are over 10 minutes late for the reservation time.
· Study rooms are not to be used for social functions or “for profit” individuals or groups soliciting or selling products or services (including paid tutors, home product sales, or professional services).
· Study room use is scheduled in one hour blocks. A maximum of three, one-hour blocks is allowed per day.
· Study room users must maintain a moderate noise level. Rooms are not soundproof.
· Users of the study rooms must clean up after themselves, erase the white board, and leave the room in good condition for the next users.
· The Library cannot guarantee dry erase marker availability. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own. Markers may be available at the circulation desk.
· Laptops are available for in-library- use.
· Drinks or food are allowed in the study rooms. Drinks must be in an enclosed container.
· The Library is not responsible for the loss or theft of personal property.